Wednesday, June 22, 2011

This Week in the CSA Box: Week 1

Way back in January or so, we signed up for a CSA with Landisdale Farm, sharing a full share with Andrew's parents. It seemed like fresh, local produce would be forever away, but here we are with our first week's box of yummy-looking veggies (and cherries, yay!). Week 1's box included fennel, parsley, scallions, garlic scapes, lettuce and cherries. Monday, I made roasted chicken with fennel, carrots and celery from Bittman's "How to Cook Everything". Pretty boring, but we'll probably just use the lettuce in a salad. I'm thinking of grilling the garlic scapes (we only have 3, so we can't do anything too exciting). I'll probably end up shoving the cherries into my cherry-loving mouth.

Week 1 of CSA blogging is kind of sad, but I'll try to remember to take pictures of the veggies and foods I make with them in the coming weeks. I'm looking forward to being forced to use more veggies in our meals, as I know that we need to include them but I'm too good at avoiding them. Yay CSA!

No comments:

Post a Comment